Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Zoo party


This weekend we celebrated #1 and #2's 4th birthday at the zoo with friends and family. I had rented the outdoor seating area so I was concerned about rain and fearful that kids would be running off. Fortunately, the zoo's outdoor seating area was completely covered and fenced in. Problem solved!


The guests decorated plastic safari hats with foam animal stickers and letters, and some wore foam masks.


The children's area at the zoo is really amazing for kids - we actually didn't see many other animals outside the children's zoo other than the tiger.


The boys are just now beginning to understand the concept of birthdays, blowing out the candle, singing the song, etc. Poor Riley is the one who still has a hard time with it. Both of his brothers receive presents so he figures why not me? One of my friends actually gave #3 a present at the zoo party which I thought was very thoughtful of her.


Wednesday, May 6 is their actual birthday so I will take them out to eat to celebrate after school. Unfortunately, Matt won't be able to join us because of his football committments.


Happy Birthday #1 and #2! What a blessing you are to our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!