Thursday, May 14, 2009

Why am I always running late?

It seems sometimes that God has designed my body clock to run about 10 minutes slower than everyone else. I seem to run late everywhere I go, no matter how busy or slow things are going. My internal alarm clock that kicks in saying, "I need to get going" seems to have a snooze button.

I know it is rude to be late and keep people waiting. It is one of my biggest weaknesses. I truly do not intend to be late, and I always seem to think that my plans allow enough time to get to where I need to go. I guess I have a problem with estimating how long it will take me to do things. I don't allow extra time for the unforseen circumstances, the spills and potty accidents of my kids, train crossings, traffice, etc. Also, I am such a multi-tasker that the idea of getting to a destination with too much time to spare seems so unproductive to me. I think, "I could have folded that extra basket of laundry or unloaded the dishwasher, but now I'm sitting in a parking lot." (a selfish attitude, I know).

Why am I writing about this? I guess so that my confession will be written down and I can work to be better about my timeliness. For those of you have waited on me a time or two (or twenty), I'm sorry!

1 comment:

  1. Rest assured, I'll never be stuck waiting on you. We should get there right about the same time. Surely, there is a name for this "always being late." Oftentimes, it is my children that make me late, but surely if I planned for what always happened, I'd be more timely. I do have to say, when I leave on time or even early, something happens along the way to make me late. You should read my few blog posts on this topic. Just know, your friends/family understand and love you no matter what!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!