Monday, May 25, 2009

A day in the life of toddlers

I posted this note on my Facebook page back in August but thought I'd post it here so I could remember the funny story later (although it was not too funny at the time):

Having three toddlers in the house definitely keep life interesting! Last weekend during 'nap time' (ha ha I should call it 'get back in bed/lay down please/no it's not time to go downstairs/stop jumping on the bed' time) after they all FINALLY fell asleep, I actually got to sneak in a few Z's. What a surprise when I woke up! I went downstairs to find all of their toys in the playroom strewn about, the refrigerator door WIDE OPEN, strawberries everywhere, and in our master bathroom (which has carpet) someone had decided to pour out all of my liquid foundation makeup all over the carpet! Let me tell you, foundation does NOT come out of carpet easily - not even with a steam cleaner! Later that day I found an old potato in our fireplace. It must have been there for a while because it was oozing juice - gross!

I know one day I will look back on these days and laugh and reminisce, so I have to not let it get to me. Now if I could just have an ounce of the energy they have... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!