Thursday, August 6, 2009

They can sense it...

The boys have been restless and extra cranky lately. All three of them peed in their beds last night, and have been waking up in the middle of the night (hence my middle-of-the-night post). Tonight it was #1 who got up first at 1 am and wanted to play. I spent an hour trying to convince him to lay still, no it's not time to watch a movie, no it's not time to eat, etc. etc. etc. I put an audio book on the cd player on low volume and hoped he would settle down enough to fall asleep again. Then #3 decided to wake up screaming for about 20 minutes. I went into his room to try to get him to stop crying and go back to sleep. After he did, I went back to #1's room, who now had the light turned on and was playing. I unplugged his lamp and coaxed him back into bed. He finally fell asleep, but after being up for 2 hours I can't go back to sleep. I came downstairs to make coffee and start working (but wanted to post on my blog first).

I think the boys can sense that football season has begun (when Matt begins to work the long hours and is gone 7 days a week). They are certainly acting out in some capacity that they miss him.

Uh oh...I hear #1 crying agin. Gotta go!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so there with you! I was up most of the night too with crying children! Mr. TD is still out of town, and I haven't had more than 3 hours of sleep straight since we left him on Sunday. Exhaustion makes the brain foggy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes me tired just reading that! :-)
    paige

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!