Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My sweet boy


One day last week we were on our way to school and were sitting at a red light. There was a homeless man holding a sign saying, "Hungry, please help." I had a granola bar with me so I cracked my window and handed it to the man. As we drove away, I explained that God wants us to help others and the man was hungry so we gave him some food.

Today, we passed the same intersection but didn't get caught at the light. #2 was holding a banana that I had given him to eat for breakfast. He started to cry and was telling me to turn around and go back. He said he wanted to give his banana to the man who was hungry. He had big crocodile tears rolling down his cheeks.

My heart just melted. Unfortunately, we were running very late for school and I couldn't turn back, but I promised him that we would give him some food the next time we saw him. He has such a sweet and giving heart. It is so humbling to see Christ in your own child.

I snapped a quick picture of him while we were at a red light using my phone so it is a bit fuzzy, but you can see his sweet sad face and banana in his hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!