Sunday, August 2, 2009

Some things never change

My kids fight over the silliest things, especially in the car. It doesn't matter if we are driving 3 miles or 300 miles, it is always something. Listening to them bicker on the way home from #3's birthday party at Mimi's house, I was reminded of a story my grandmother told me about my dad and his older brother Danny when they were younger. The family was on a car ride in the country, so Dad and Danny were looking out the windows and "claiming" as many cows as they could see by yelling "That's mine!" The problem arose when Danny determined that he had MORE cows than Dad did. Being the younger brother, Dad promptly began to cry. Apparently he put on quite a performance because Memee said she turned around and told Danny he had to "give" Ted some of his cows.

I always thought that was a funny, amusing story, but now that I have my own crew I can SOOOOOOOO relate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!