Friday, August 28, 2009

Projects half done (or not done at all)

One of my biggest flaws is that although I am gung ho at the beginning of a project, I run out of time or lose interest before the silly thing is complete. Here is my list (yes it is embarrassing it is so long!):

1. Paint touch up in the corners of the dining room. When I painted I didn't know how to remove the blinds so I left the corners undone until I could figure it out. Project at least 1 year old...

2. Program replacement remote control for TV. We got a new TV after our dinosaur TV went on the blink and it came with a great remote. We promptly lost that remote within 2 weeks of getting the TV. I have a feeling a litte munchkin put it in the trash because we have torn the house apart looking for it. After about a month, I finally bought a new universal remote, but it has been sitting in a drawer by the TV since then. We have been turning the TV on and off, and adjusting the volume "old school" style.

3. Hang curtains in kitchen. I purchased a curtain rod for my kitchen window, installed the hangers to hold the rod, but when I went to put the curtain rod up I discovered the rod was about three inches too short. Ugh! About a week later, I bought a curtain rod that is long enough, but with the original rod hangers installed I will need to do some touch up painting and wall repair when I remove them. That little step has been waiting to be completed for about a year...

4. Touch up paint in kitchen to cover up pen marks from a little "artist" who discovered a pen somewhere and decided to go to town.

5. Hang curtain rods and curtains in living room (3 windows). Everything has been sitting in my laundry room taking up space.

6. Bags of clothes to be donated. I have cleaned out my closet and need to donate a ton of items; however, I need to itemize the items and take pictures of them before I donate them in the event of an IRS audit to substantiate my donations. One corner of my bedroom a complete MESS for approx 6 months...

7. Hang pictures in boys' rooms. Over the Christmas holiday, I painted the room of #2 and had to take down all the pictures and such hanging on the wall. I placed prints and name letters neatly in their closet where they remain to this day.

One of these days I'll get around to doing it, but I am in need of a big shot of motivation...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!