Sunday, August 30, 2009

My motto for this week

I have already failed miserably at exercising this motto today and have yelled at my kids when they didn't deserve it. I went outside to spray some mosquito spray for a few minutes so that the boys would not get eaten alive every time they play outside. The boys were playing in the play room and reading books (or so I thought). When I came back in, I saw purple marker lines all around the walls of the kitchen, doors, and floor. I flipped out, yelled at them, and spanked all of them. Then I got out the cleaning spray and was surprised that it came off so easily. I felt badly for being so harsh with them.

Here is my motto for the REST of the week (again this is something I received in a chain email and have no idea who originally wrote it):

I need to take some of this advice too...

I need to take some of this advice too...

Just for this morning, I am going to step over
> > > >
> > > > the laundry,
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > and pick you up and take you to the park to
> > > >
> > > > play.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > *Just for this morning, I will leave the dishes
> > > >
> > > > in the sink,
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > and let you teach me how to put that puzzle of
> > > >
> > > > yours together.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > *Just for this afternoon, I will unplug the
> > > >
> > > > telephone and
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > keep the computer off, and sit with you in the
> > > >
> > > > backyard and
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > blow bubbles.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > *Just for this afternoon, I will not yell once,
> > > >
> > > > not even a
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > tiny grumble when you scream and whine for the
> > > >
> > > > ice cream truck
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > and I will buy you one if he comes by.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > *Just for this afternoon, I won't worry about
> > > >
> > > > what you are
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > going to be when you grow up, or second guess
> > > >
> > > > every decision
> > > >
> > > > I have made where you are concerned.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > *Just for this afternoon, I will let you help
me
> > > >
> > > > bake cookies,
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > and I won't stand over you trying to fix them.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > *Just for this afternoon, I will take us to
> > > >
> > > > McDonald's and buy
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > us both a Happy Meal so you can have both
toys.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > *Just for this evening, I will hold you in my
> > > >
> > > > arms and tell you
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > a story about how you were born and how much I
> > > >
> > > > love you.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > *Just for this evening, I will let you splash
in
> > > >
> > > > the tub and
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > not get angry.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > *Just for this evening, I will let you stay up
> > > >
> > > > late while we sit
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > on the porch and count all the stars.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > *Just for this evening, I will snuggle beside
> > > >
> > > > you for hours,
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > and miss my favorite TV shows.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > *Just for this evening when I run my finger
> > > >
> > > > through your hair
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > as you pray, I will simply be grateful that God
> > > >
> > > > has given me the
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > greatest gift ever given.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > *I will think about the mothers And fathers who
> > > >
> > > > are searching
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > for their missing children, the mothers and
> > > >
> > > > fathers who are
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > visiting their children's graves instead of
> > > >
> > > > their bedrooms, and
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > mothers and fathers who are in hospital rooms
> > > >
> > > > watching
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > their children suffer senselessly, and
screaming
> > > >
> > > > inside that
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > they can't handle it anymore.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > *And when I kiss you good night I will hold you
> > > >
> > > > a little tighter,
> > > >
> > > > a ittle longer. It is then, that I will thank
> > > >
> > > > God for you, and
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > ask Him for nothing, except one more
> > > >
> > > > day......... ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!