Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Multi-tasking: Men vs. Women

I have always heard that women are better than men at multi-tasking. For example, woment are able to cook dinner, have a load of laundry going, watching kids, helping with homework, and folding a basket of clothes while men tend to focus on one task at a time. I have experienced this first hand in my own life.

However...men do multi-task in their own special way, I have recently realized. That multi-tasking ability comes in the form of the remote control. My husband has the amazing ability to watch up to 3 or 4 shows at the same time by flipping back and forth. I am not able to multi-task in this area very well at all! This drives me crazy because I can't follow the story lines of so many shows, but he seems to be generally up to speed on all of them. I like to look at the menu, select a show, then watch the entire thing, start to finish. During commercials I don't usually surf around, that is my time to move the laundry from the washer to the dryer, start a new load, unload the dishwasher, etc.

It's amazing how differently God has wired all of us, but especially men and women! Can anyone else relate?

3 comments:

  1. Mine does the same thing! Drives me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate. Glad I found another blogger here in Houston!

    http://www.teatimeconsultants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to relate this to my 19 yr old son when he was flipping through channels & he got offended!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!