Friday, September 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Tamara!



A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life. ~Isadora James

Today is my sister's birthday. Being 13 months apart, we have always been close friends, and I am thankful that we still are. She is one that with a glance we can tell each other's moods or unspoken feelings, and spent hours on end playing together as kids, doing 'facials' with cucumbers over our eyes, and talking for hours on end.

Times have changed and our busy schedules mean we don't get to talk or see each other as often or for as long as we used to, but the connection is still there. I am proud of my big sis and the wonderful example she is to me and all who know her.

Happy Birthday!!!

P.S. For the record, I'd like to officially apologize for overwhelming you at our wedding. You were the maid of honor, David was a groomsman, H was a flower girl, S was 2 yrs old, E was 3 months old, you had to prepare a toast for the reception, and you and Tabitha sang a song during the ceremony. Now that I have kids of my own, I have a BIG understanding of how MUCH pressure and stress that put on you. I would have gone crazy! Thanks for doing it with poise and grace (even if your dress did tear during the reception while trying to feed E and you had to wear David's jacket to do the toast). You made it look easy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!