Monday, August 9, 2010

Worrying

I am a worrier. I constantly have an issue or two floating around in my head that I keep thinking about, asking "what if's", afraid of the unknown.

My twins begin their elementary school years next week. It will be a big change from preschool, and once again the fear of the unknown is getting to me. They have not been together in the same class before, so I worry about how that will work. I have such a hard time getting everyone dressed, fed, teeth brushed, bags in the car, and out the door in the morning time that I worry about not getting them to school on time. I worry about the homework factor and how much time that will take in the evenings, and I also worry about the increased social level of my kids (becoming a taxi driver to t-ball practice, birthday parties, etc.). I know, I know, all of these changes are GOOD changes. It is just the little worrier inside of me that takes over sometimes.

Today, by reading a verser posted on the blog of my friend Ashley Bray (thanks, girlfriend!), I was reminded again that worrying and being anxious does no good.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:6-7).

Lord, please give me that peace of God to guard my heart and mind, and surround me with supportive friends and family who have 'been-there-done-that' and have lived to tell about it.

I'm sure one day I'll look back on this post and laugh, but right now, I want to cry.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya girl! The stress, even just the possibility of stress is enough to get me worrying. One of my friends has a great blog www.peacefullylessstressed.com Great reminders of what we should do with our stress!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!