Thursday, August 12, 2010

Unhappy Meals

The boys have reached the age where upon learning we are heading to McDonalds they automatically ask, "Can we get a prize?"

Most of the time, I say no. It is more economical to order a 10 piece McNugget meal, 3 waters, and a cheeseburger for me than to pay for three individual Happy Meals plus my own meal.

Today, I gave in and ordered some Happy Meals for them. As Murphy's Law would have it, 2 of them received the same prize, and 1 received a different prize. Guess what they spent the rest of the time fighting over? Yes, you guessed it, the lone prize.

Not one of my boys even attempted to climb in the playplace or slide down. That is pitiful.

The next time I am tempted to buy each one a Happy Meal for the prizes, please remind me that those meals are usually "Unhappy Meals" due to the fighting. Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!