Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What do you say?


We have been working on teaching our kids to have good manners (please, thank you, may I have more please, etc.). The other day Cade had the cable remote in his hand the other day and was pushing buttons, thereby changing the channel of the TV. Matt told Cade, "Give the remote to Mommy" and I held out my hand. Cade held the remote away from me and said, "What do you SAYYYYYYYYY?" in the sing-songy voice that sounded strikingly similar to my own voice. "Thank you Cade" I said, laughing. It is funny yet a bit eerie when I hear my own words, inflection of voice, and gestures mimicked in my children. It reminds me that they are constantly watching and learning from my own actions and words, for better or worse. I need to constantly remember that their little souls are so impressionable. Thank you Cade for my reminder, and God please forgive me when I forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!