Thursday, March 26, 2009

My sweet boy #1

#1's PPCD teacher shared a story that happened yesterday. She said she was working with another little boy who was having trouble learning not to hit others. She tried various ways to teach him, and finally in an effort to let him know it was unacceptable and hurt others, she sat down, put her head in her arms, and pretended to cry. She said that #1 stopped what he was doing, and ran over to her, hugging her, kissing her, patting her, and saying, "It's ok...Don't cry." The little boy stopped his hitting when he saw #1's response and he started hugging the teacher as well. I almost started crying when I heard the story.

That's my sweet boy #1! I was told when he was diagnosed that he would have a hard time recognizing feelings and empathizing with others. He has come so far in the last few months, and this is just another example of something he has learned to overcome! Way to go #1!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!