Friday, March 20, 2009

Mommy - look what I did!


During Hurricane Ike and the aftermath, my parents let us stay with them for two weeks straight. My sisters and their families came as well seeking relief from the heat. At one point we had Mom, Dad, me, Matt, Tamara, David, Tabitha, and Joe plus 8 grandkids: Hunter (9), Sadie (7), Emma (5), Cade (3), Cole (3), Kallee (2), Riley (2), Ethan (2), and Corban (5 months) staying under one roof in their 3 bedroom house. We made do with pallets on the floor and played outside a lot. Thankfully my parents live on 66 acres so we could fish, play golf, swing, play baseball, whatever. Although it was a bit cramped, we had a great time, and it was nice to reconnect again as an extended family. The only two missing from the bunch were Wendy and James, who were sitting in their air conditioned house in Ft. Worth. Oh to be so lucky! :) Just kidding Pooh!


It was during this time that Cole decided to explore the artist within him and using a PERMANENT MARKER wrote all over himself, the wall, the door, the comforter, the carpet, the furniture, you name it, in my parent's bedroom while he was supposed to be taking a nap.


I couldn't help but laugh and take a picture, and then Cole got a spanking from Matt. I think we thoroughly confused the boy on that one! However, I did get a cute picture of his artistry to keep for posterity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!