Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pre-K Christmas program at #1's school

OK, I am slowly making my way through the backlog of pictures and getting them posted here. We have finally finished with the Thanksgiving activities and now we can move on to Christmas. Hopefully I can get caught up to real time soon!

#1's Pre-K class had a Christmas program that was cute. He attends Reynolds Elementary in the mornings for Pre-K and then rides a bus over to Northland for lunch and afternoon nap. He is in the PPCD program at Reynolds and they are helping him to overcome some of his challenges that he faces with autism. I am amazed at how patient and kind his teachers and helpers are, even when he does not want to cooperate. He has come a long way since beginning the PPCD program last year, and I am hoping and praying that he continues to develop. He definitely has the mental capability to learn, and I've been told that he likely is gifted and talented, but the challenge is getting him to concentrate and stay on task to learn.

For the Christmas program, his teacher Mrs T wrote down on an index card "Welome to the Preschool Christmas Program" and was going to have him read it to the audience at the beginning. Well, he did not want to cooperate and when he discovered the microphone was on, just kept saying "Ooooooooooh" into the microphone.

Maybe next time...
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!