Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Dedee and his sons

We were blessed to be able to visit with my Uncle Danny and grandfather (we call him Dedee) at Thanksgiving. They came to my parents' house from Lubbock where they live. It was so nice visiting with them and enjoying their company. My dad and Uncle Danny are always fun to be around to to see their comraderie as brothers. It is sad to see the pain in Dedee's eyes when he speaks about Memee (whose advanced Alzheimers has robbed her of her mind and left him so lonely). He told me about his brothers and stories about their lives, but I could tell (and even he admitted) that his memory wasn't as good as it used to be. We enjoyed playing dominoes with them that night and Matt offered to give Dedee some much needed "domino lessons" so they took turns offering to give each other lessons as the night went on and bravado increased with each winning hand. I love the fact that my husband gets along with my family and teases them like that. They are not just strangers who say "good to see you" at each family gathering. He is real with them and I love that about him.

Here is a great picture of Dedee and his two sons (how did they both grow to be taller than him?):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!