Monday, December 7, 2009

Family time

During football season, Matt is gone so much that I go into survival mode of sorts just trying to get everything taken care of that must be done. Where is that library book that is due today, what am I going to cook for dinner, how can this family generate SOOO much laundry, are we out of milk again, and where is that soccer cleat we need for practice after school are questions I ask myself almost every day. I felt almost like I was working a full time job and then came home to another full time job.

I was around my kids during that time, but was so busy taking care of life that I was not really 'there' all the time. Now that football season is over and Matt is home more, it is so nice to have him there. We watch movies together after the kids go to bed, talk about the future, and rediscover each other again. When he is there and helps do chores such as helping to fold laundry, or loads the dishwasher, it makes me so happy because it is one LESS chore that I have to do. It frees up my time so that I can spend a few extra minutes reading books to them at bed time, can tackle extra projects I have been meaning to do (such as cleaning out closets and drawers, etc.), or even relax a bit.

This weekend it was cold, and even snowed a tiny bit. We spent the entire weekend together as a family and just had fun sitting around the table laughing, being silly, playing the Wii, and decorating Christmas shaped cookies. I did the usual laundry, cooking doing dishes, etc., but did absolutely NO work on my computer.

It was nice! I enjoy these kind of holidays, not the stress-filled, activity-filled, running-from-place-to-place exhaustion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!