Monday, February 1, 2010

The onion

Tonight I was trying to figure out what seasoning would work best for my can of green beans. I opted to open up a package of dry onion soup mix and added it to the pot. As I was stirring, I started thinking about onions. They flavor almost anything and can be used in just about any recipe.

No one ever buys an onion to eat by itself, but rather they use it to make the rest of the food delicious.

I think God does the same thing in our own lives. The onion is like the most difficult and trying times in our lives. They make us cry and no one would willingly choose it by itself. However, God uses those trying times to weave flavor into the casserole of our lives.

Green beans taste ok by themselves, but are so much more tasty with the help of an onion. The good times are more meaningful because of our experiences in the difficult times.

Kinda weird thought, I know... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!