Friday, February 26, 2010

Jenny

Jenny passed away on Monday and her funeral was yesterday. I watched the live streaming video and was amazed at the strength and faith of that family.

One of the things that touched me the most was that Jenny's brother Josh got up in front of everyone and pledged to Jenny's 9 year old daughter that they were going to fight for her faith. As a young child losing her mother I can't imagine how difficult it must be for her, and I can see how easy it would be for her to blame God and shut Him out of her life. The fact that the family pledged to make a special effort to fight for her faith was truly touching.

Last week at a women's event at church we discussed the importance of having good adult influences in our children's lives. There are some things that we as parents simply cannot provide to our children because we are their parents. It is that positive Christian influences of other adults that help them along in these areas.

Jenny's funeral made me think about the adults in my children's lives and I am so appreciative of the Christian support and positive influence they provide to my chidren.

If something were to happen to me and I was not able to be there for my kids like Jenny's situation, I am confident that the people in my children's life would do the same thing and fight for the faith of my children.

What about you? Have you surrounded your children with positive Christian influences who will fight for the faith of your children?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!