Sunday, February 7, 2010

Let go and let God

A girl in my Sunday School class made a very astute observation today. I love listening to her comments in class because they are always insightful and practical. Their family has been in limbo trying to sell their house and recently put a contract to buy another house contingent upon their house selling. She had agonized over all the details and tried to make things work the way she thought they should. This morning she was talking about her three year old son who needed help putting on his belt. He kept fidgeting and trying to hold it, and his involvement was making the process harder. She finally cried out in frustration, "If you would just let go, I will fix it for you!"

Immediately after the words came out of her mouth, she realized that God must feel the same way about us sometimes. We try and try and try to make things work the way we think they should work, when all the while God is telling us to just let go and let Him fix handle it.

Let go and let God. This is going to be my motto for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!