Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I only thought I was getting ahead of the game...

Last night I made spaghetti, and decided to brown some hamburger meat that was about to expire if I didn't cook it or freeze it. I have heard that you can brown hamburger meat and freeze it, and when you are ready to use it, it doesn't take as much time to make your meal since it is already cooked.

So...thinking I would get ahead of the game and freeze the fully cooked meat, I browned it. Once it was done, I let it sit out on the cooktop so that it could cool down.

While it was cooling, I finished dinner, we ate, then it was play time, bath time, potty time, prayer time, night night time, no-get-back-in-bed time, ok-one-more-kiss-time, now-it's-really-time-to-get-in-bed time, if-you-get-out-of-bed-again-you-will-get-a-spanking time, etc.

When they finally went to bed, I went downstairs and started working on my computer, only to fall asleeep on the couch until I heard #1 crying in the middle of the night. I went upstairs and calmed him down, but then #3 woke up and wanted me to lay down with him. Ok, but only for a few minutes.......

Fast forward to this morning. Guess what was awaiting me when I came downstairs with the boys ready to go to school?

Yup, you guessed it. Ug! I hate wasted food, and I especially hate my foiled plans to get ahead of the game!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!