Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I married a good daddy

The late nights and long hours of football season began officially this week for Matt. He called me at 9:30 last night to say he was on his way home. He said he was starving because he didn't have time to eat lunch and hadn't eaten dinner either. Right before he was due home, I heated up his dinner of pork chops, stuffing, and baked beans so it would be ready when he got home. I set out his plate on the island and went upstairs to calm #1 who was crying hysterically.

While I was upstairs holding #1, I heard the door open downstairs and knew Matt was home. He came upstairs and asked what was wrong. When I told him about #1's recent night terrors, Matt laid down next to him in bed. #1 almost immediately went back to sleep.

Knowing that he hadn't eaten in nearly 14 hours, I was amazed and humbled to be married to a man who was such a good daddy that he would rather lay beside his son to calm him back to sleep before eating a steaming hot plate of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!