Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Garage clean out

Last weekend, Matt and I tackled the garage together. I wish I had taken a picture before we started, but I am thrilled to report that we are nearly finished.

Matt even installed pegboard around many of the walls so that we could hang items which were previously strewn about. There is even a chance that I could actually park in it one of these days!

We set aside a large area for the boys' bikes, bats, and other sporting items. I am hopeful that by having an accesible place to store their things we can teach them to put them away. Previously, we had chemicals and other dangerous items in there so we did not let them go into the garage and all of their toys were everywhere on the back porch. Now those piles have been cleaned out and the dangerous chemicals and paints have been stored in bins out of their reach, so now we feel comfortable letting them in.

It was HARD work and was EXTREMELY hot, but I am SOOOOOOOOO glad we did it, and I am very proud of Matt with his handiwork on the peg boards.

We discarded a lot of things that we had been holding onto for no other reason than they were not broken and could possibly used in the future. We decided to put them at the end of the curb to see if anyone wanted to pick it up. Fortunately, a family drove by and asked if they could take some of the items. We talked with them for about 15 minutes, and I was grateful that they even wanted to have some of the things that have been sitting around in our garage unused. They were a very sweet family and I am glad those things will be put to better use. Plus, I am glad they are not taking up space in my garage any more. I guess the saying is true...one man's trash is another man's treasure.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!