Monday, June 28, 2010

Floating the river


We went on our annual vacation to New Braunfels last week. My in-laws rent a house on the Guadalupe River near the "Horseshoe" part of the river and we all pile in there and hang out together. The river this year was the best I have ever seen. Yes, it was still cold as ever, but the water was just the right speed. Some years when the water is low the float takes several hours, and other years it is so fast I worry about my boys tumping over.

The boys loved to float. They enjoyed watching the ducks, swimming in the water, seeing the turtles, and most of all they LOVED the fast water. They shrieked with laughter every time we went through it. "Booties up!" they would yell (if you have ever floated the Guadalupe River you know why because the fast water usually is very shallow and there are rocks just underneath the water that will "get you" if you don't lift up at times).

This year, a photographer was standing on the banks of the river taking pictures of people going through the rapids and would toss them a necklace containing his web site so tubers could purchase pictures.

I bought several shots from the web site, ones that I could not have captured myself because it is in the rapids part of the river.

Daddy and #2 relaxing in the water


I guess a "few" others had the same idea as we did...

It was so peaceful that #1 even caught a nap during one of the floats!


Me floating on the double tube with 2 of my boys:

My nephew "R" and brother-in-law "M"

Mimi

Matt with my niece "M"

My brother-and-sister-in-law "C" and "D"

My niece "C"



Booties up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!