Monday, May 10, 2010

Pantry clean out...ewwwww!

I'll admit it. I'm a pack rat. I can't stand the idea of needing something and not having it on hand. The problem is that I often forget that I have it and therefore it stays hidden away in a drawer or closet unused.

Case in point:
I cleaned out a shelf of my pantry the other day, and was horrified to pull out this can of evaporated milk. I like to keep evaporated milk on hand for making tater tot casserole, so when I buy it at the store the can gets put at the front of the evaporated milk section in my pantry and the ones at the back just get older and older. I pulled out a can that looked like it had started to leak and couln't believe it. The can expired in 2004!!!



I really need to get my pack-ratedness (is that a word??) under control!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!