Thursday, April 29, 2010

The picnic

This is an email that I received from #3's teacher today (I changed his name in the quote, she does not actually call him #3:

This morning #3 and some other kids were playing like they were going on a picnic and that they were going to share their food with the ants. They had the picnic cloth down and all the food, plates and cups. One friend said "ok let's eat!" Then #3 said, "No! Wait! We can't eat - we have to say the prayer first, silly!" So #3 said a prayer thanking God for this day and for the food - then they had a picnic. It was so sweet - it just warmed my heart.

That simple gesture just reaffirms to me how blessed I am to be able to have my children attend a Christian school. His teacher is a wonderful Christian lady and I couldn't be happier with how he is learning and growing in his faith and knowledge of God, not to mention everything he is learning about his ABCs, 123s, and the world around him. I don't mean to sound snobby or assume that those who don't are not good people. Far from it! We have attended preschools that were not faith based and they were wonderful schools. However, I wondered what they were teaching my children about God or whatever the workers believed in. I know that it is the parent's primary responsibility to instill and teach faith to our children. However, when it is reinforced at home and they experience it every day at school, it must sink in somehow. Either way, I'm proud of my little guy for living out his faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!