Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tests from God

In Psalm 139, David asks God,

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.

24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

We were discussing this passage at our admin meeting the other day at work, and it occurred to me that in order to rid myself of any offensive ways, I need to ask God to test me. We as Christians tend to think that life should be easy for us since we have chosen to follow Christ; however, this passage indicate the opposite. I need to remember this when trials and difficulties come into my life. It is God's way of ridding the offensive ways in me. God knows every worry and anxious thought that I have, and He cares for me. I trust that He will not allow me to be tried more than I can bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!