Friday, January 20, 2012

New Trash Can


My father built this trash can for me years ago.  It has served our family well.

Our neighborhood has a recycling program and I have started to recycle more and more.  I found that the more items I recycled, the less frequently the trash had to be emptied, since the plastic and cardboard items are usually what take up the most space.

However, I had no place to store the recycle items inside the house, so I began to pile them on the counter beside the trash can until I had a chance to put them in the outdoor recycle bin (see the pile in the picture).

This year, I received some birthday money, so I decided to spring for a brand new trash can, one that had dual compartments for recycling and trash.

At the risk of sounding like a complete nerd, I love my new trash can!!!!  It holds everything and makes the kitchen look less cluttered.  I guess the older I get, the more I appreciate gifts that help make everyday life just a little bit easier.

Take a look...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!