Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The beret lesson


Today my son had to learn a hard lesson.  It was a cold day, so I wanted the boys to wear a hat to keep warm.  Riley insisted on wearing this cute little beret-style hat, despite my efforts to talk him into a ski hat.  I think that the hat is adorable, but was worried what the other kids might say about it. 

When we arrived at school, he marched in the door proudly wearing his hat, but his friend promptly pointed and laughed at him and his "funny hat."

He was so hurt and started crying.  I told him that it didn't matter what his friends thought; if he liked it, then he should wear it and not worry about them.  He chose to take it off.  Poor little guy!  I wanted to cry for him.

This picture, by the way, was taken before we got to school.  Doesn't he look cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!