Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Pumpkin Seed

On Saturday afternoon, I worked in the back yard pulling weeds, spreading mulch, and planting some annuals.  The boys were in and out of the house playing.  Cole came outside and asked me if he could plant his pumpkin seed and I answered absently that would be fine.  He and Riley busied themselves for the next few minutes with shovels in hand in the flower bed.

I mused that they were playing so nicely together after being at each other's throats all day.

And then it hit me...where exactly did they get a pumpkin seed.  Where is that pumpkin that was on our back porch?  Uh oh...

Take a wild guess what the playroom floor looked like.  Yep...tiny hacked up pieces of pumpkin and pumpkin guts everywhere. 

Sigh...at least they had a good time and were playing nicely together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!