Thursday, July 15, 2010

CDR Family Reunion


Last weekend we went to a family reunion for my Mom's side of the family. We stayed in a lodge on Lake Granbury and had a great time hanging out with cousins and playing games. The rooms all have full kitchens and were very spacious and clean for a good price. There is an enclosed beach with shallow water right next door, so the kids built sandcastles and played in the water while the bigger boys (including the dads) played baseball using a wiffle ball in the sand. I miss my cousins and wish they did not live so far away in Lubbock because we have such as good time when we are together.

Here is a breakdown of who came:
GG (the Matriarch)
Daughter C
Daughter D and her husband
Son R and his wife
Granddaughter K with her husband and 2 of 3 kids
Granddaughter M with her husband and 3 kids
Granddaughter K with her husband and 2 kids
Granddaughter T with her husband and 4 girls
Granddaughter S (Me!) with her husband and 3 boys
Granddaughter T with her 2 boys
Granddaughter W with her husband and baby on the way


My mom organized several games for us to play, including a pass-the-balloon over/under relay, a yo-yo contest, a Reunion Queen contest, and a family history bingo game. The kids had a blast just hitting the balloons all over the place.

What family reunion would not be complete without a buffet of food? We had a big lunch in a large room that we rented from the hotel. To make things easy, we had leftover buffet for dinner and called it "Re-Buff".

My sister W, her husband J, and me stuffing our faces (they will have a little one at next year's reunion - I can't wait!).

My cousin M, sisters T and T, brother-in-law D, and cousin-in-law L

My husband M with cousin-in-laws B and M, and cousin's daughter S

Little cousins everywhere!

Wrestle-mania!

The balloon relay


The Reunion Queen

The yo-yo contest (we saw some pretty fancy yo-yo moves by M, my cousin's husband, but ultimately my dad won out).

Our crazy family!

2 comments:

  1. YOu have a big family. I thought I was the only one that had a big fam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted this on my family album on facebook. I wish it was really my family....you guys are the best! Not that mine isn't right up there for craziness, but we couldn't beat you!
    Everyone loves it when I repost and repost and repost it. I didn't recall where I had gotten the photo from and was astounded when tonight I found your post again on "crazy family reunions photos". Thanks for making me laugh and love all of you!
    Hue Ayala (Mrs.)
    Houston, TX

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!