Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Hurtful words

I knew some time I might hear hurtful words come from my kids' mouths, but I wasn't yet prepared for the words I heard #1 tell me yesterday while trying to get him dressed for school. "I hate you! You're mean!"

I know that he doesn't really mean it, but all the same it really hurt me. I started crying and he immediately said, "I'm sorry." He knows when people are hurting and I'm glad he is able to recognize when he needs to apologize, but still I wonder...where is he hearing those sort of words??

1 comment:

  1. My six year old wrote in his journal at school: "I hate mom" At first I was hurt but then I realized that it was a day when I'd had to make him take some medicine before school and he didn't want to :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!