Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to School

Now that the Christmas and New Year's holidays are over, it is time to get back into the groove of waking up early and getting out the door to school in time. While I shudder at the thought of an annoying alarm clock blaring, I have truly enjoyed the time off - it was refreshing. There were some days were I was productive and was able to cross some projects off my "to-do" list, such as painting #1 and #2's room (thanks to their coloring on the walls), but there were other days where we just chilled in our pajamas all day as a family. We hosted a few get-togethers with family members and friends, which we have been intending to do for some time, but the "busy-ness" of everyday life always seemed to preclude us from following through. Also, I was able to have the time to work on a tribute photo book for my husband's grandmother, a gift for her 90th birthday. I enjoyed visiting with her to get funny stories, find out how she and her husband met, where she grew up, her 11 brothers and sisters, etc. in addition to looking at hundreds of photos. I'm so glad I did that because now I have stories to pass along to my sons and their future families about her and her life. Below is a link to her photo book:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0BcNXDRmyYsXHA

Matt worked on a DVD of photos for her that includes MANY more photos than what I included in my photo book for her, and all of the family sent him the pictures they had, so it was really a collaborative project from the whole family. He did a great job, and I think Nanny was pleased with the book and the video, which was played at her 90th birthday party on Saturday.

Overall, I feel incredibly blessed by my husband, children, family, friends, career, and coworkers. Looking back, I had no idea the journey that God has taken me on would be better than I could have ever asked or imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me. I'd love to hear from you!